Cubic, BSI Blend Training Solutions

US companies Cubic Global Defense and Battlespace Simulations Inc (BSI) announced a memorandum of agreement on 7 August to develop solutions for military training. The two parties will blend Cubic's air and ground training systems with the BSI Modern Air Combat Environment (MACE). In addition to MACE, Cubic and BSI will explore other potential...

US companies Cubic Global Defense and Battlespace Simulations Inc (BSI) announced a memorandum of agreement on 7 August to develop solutions for military training.

The two parties will blend Cubic's air and ground training systems with the BSI Modern Air Combat Environment (MACE).

In addition to MACE, Cubic and BSI will explore other potential areas of collaboration in communications and training architectures.

Analysis

In another industry collaboration, Cubic Corporation recently bought a 20% stake in Pixia for USD50 million, with an option to buy the remaining 80% by February 2020.

The investment in Pixia is intended to enhance the Cubic Mission Systems portfolio of data-rich, actionable battlefield intelligence solutions, Cubic Corporation chairman, president and CEO Bradley Feldmann said on 7 August.

Source: www.janes.com