ARLINGTON, VA – Fort Walton Beach on Florida’s Emerald Coast shines as it hosts the 34th annual National Test and Evaluation Conference, May 14-16, at the Emerald Coast Convention Center.
This year’s gathering, hosted by the National Defense Industrial Association, has a sense of urgency as the test and evaluation community finds itself adopting complex, advanced technologies amidst a drive for reform and speed in defense acquisition.
At this conference, leadership from the Defense Department and the services will describe updates and changes to test and evaluation processes to support more rapid development and deployment of capabilities to our forces that counter evolving threats around the world.
This leadership includes:
- Robert Behler, director of operational test and Evaluation, Office of the Secretary of Defense
- James Faist, director of the Test Management Resources Center and director of defense research and engineering (advanced capabilities) in the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for research and engineering
- Air Force Brig. Gen. Christopher Azzano, commander of the Air Force Test Center
- Robert Miele, executive technical director and deputy to the commander of the Army Test and Evaluation Command
- Navy Rear Adm. Paul Sohl, commander, of the Navy’s Operational Test and Evaluation Force
- Navy Rear Adm. Michael Jackson, director of acquisition programs and the Coast Guard’s program executive officer
The 96th Test Wing at Eglin Air Force Base is hosting a tour of test facilities, equipment and systems (open only to attendees who are U.S. citizens).
For more details and the full agenda and registration, visit the conference website.